Monday, May 28, 2012

Grow, Grow, Grow

That's what we want to happen in our humble outdoor container garden.  Cayden had been expressing interest in growing vegetables and I have been thinking about it for awhile, but didn't want to take an area away from our grassy backyard where the children play and we host BBQ's and get-together's, so my husband suggested purchasing a garden box.  This seemed like a great idea.  We even have a little corner of the backyard that is "wasted space" that would be the perfect spot.  It turned out that we were able to get some great planters at no cost, so this past weekend my husband set them up, took the boys shopping and got some soil and a few plants.


With Cayden's input, we planted peppers, cucumber, parsley basil...


...carrots, chives, tomatoes and beans.

We're hoping that our little Cayden has a green thumb and we'll have some yummy fresh vegetables to harvest this summer!

2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share your information to us.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the garden! I love that Caysen is involved:) I want to have one one day as well but I'm not there yet!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!