Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's a Rainy, Rainy Day....

We woke up to the sound of rain falling on the roof and cars splashing in the streets.  Checked the weather forecast - rain all day.  We decided to spend the day inside playing, relaxing and doing laundry. 

As Cayden looked out the window at the falling rain, I was reminded of a song and started singing.  Cayden joined in with me, singing the Milkshake song "Rainy Day".  We decided that a fun way to spend some time would be to put on the Milkshake Screen Play dvd. 

Milkshake is a kids rock band.  I had never heard of them until I was over at Hanging Off The Wire and read a review she did on Milkshake.  I thought the band sounded appealing and I have been trying to find fun music for Cayden to have on and get some energy out to.  I entered the giveaway being offered and happened to win the Milkshake Screen Play and a CD.

We had been out at a playdate most of the day when we returned home to see some special packages in the mail.  Cayden loves getting mail so helped me open the packages and he was excited to see something for him.  Of course we had to put the Screen Play on immediately to see what it was all about! Cayden loved the music right away.  There were a variety of uplifting songs, some softer lullaby's, and positive words from the band members.  Cayden wanted to watch it over and over....so Momma had to draw the line!

As a mom, I also enjoyed the Milkshake Screen Play.  I found the music enjoyable - it wasn't like some children's music that you just can't wait to turn off (or consider "accidentally misplacing").  The songs were also very catchy and we continued enjoying them even after watching the DVD.  We had gone for a nice spring walk and found ourselves singing "Bluebird" as we took in the spring sights.

So it's no wonder when we woke up and looked out the window this morning, the soft sweet music came into our minds reminding us, "It's a rainy, rainy day.  But that's okay, we're going to have fun, anyway."

To find our more about Milkshake, check out their website at: http://www.milkshakemusic.com/

All opinions expressed in this post are my own.  I was not requested to review Milkshake, I did so on my own account.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my blog. This is a nice post. We like the CD and jam to it in the car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I'll be trying out the CD in the car on our next out of town visit!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!