Friday, May 9, 2014

A New Season of Me

It's been almost 6 years since we welcomed our first baby into our lives.  The last 6 years have been busy, full of caring of others.  They've been wonderful years; many precious memories made and love shared.  I'm so very blessed to have the family I do.

In those years, my role changed to being Mom.  I welcomed that title, I always wanted to be a mom!  I have recently noticed though, that I have allowed my role as Mom take over from ME.  Over the years, I have put effort into me, I have recognized things that I need to feel good, to re-group, to push through the days.  In the last year when I ended up staying home with my children, I have put less effort into me.  I have given my all to my children and the children I care for.  

In the meantime, I have created "bad" habits - snacking on sweets for my "down" time, relying on caffeinated pop for my energy, and reducing my activity level.  I have put on weight, I have become sluggish, and I have stopped putting priority on my own health.

It's time for that to end!  I'm ready to focus on me.  To love me.  Ready to recognize that I deserve to feel good and deserve to take care of my own health, the way I do for my children.  I would never allow my children to consume in the way that I do, and I'm ready to make that important for myself too.  

I'm formulating a plan.  I realize that it's not going to be easy.  It's not going to be fast.  There are going to be rough days.  That's okay.  That's life.  And I expect that.  I plan to set reasonable goals so that I can lose weight, have more energy and improve my overall health.

This is day four of no Coke for me.  It has been my go to for energy since I'm not into coffee or caffeinated teas.  My almost 6 year old asked me if he could have pop and I said no way!  I explained that it was not good for us and not a good habit to start.  So he asked me why I drink it?  And I thought, yes,why do I drink it?  It's time to let it go.  I have upped my water intake to a minimum of 3 litres a day and it's going great.  This was the first of my baby steps to better health.

I have questioned how I can stay on track, and I know a lot of it is being accountable.  That is why I have chosen to add this to my old and barely used blog.  I'm putting it out there that I'm ready to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!