Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ups and Downs

So funny how quickly motivation can go the wayside.  I was feeling pumped and ready for the change.  And then regular, everyday stressors took hold and I faced some struggles.  I did mostly well, in my opinion.  I have said all along that making these changes includes having regular meals, not limiting myself from foods and not being too hard on myself.  So all in all, I have done well.  When I consumed sugary junk (in moderation), I was sure to get a good walk in that day.

Yesterday was not so good.  I was just not feeling it.  I really wanted french fries.  And ice cream.  So I had both.  Not together.  They did truly taste delicious.  My weight was up today, of course.  But more noticeable was the bloat.  I could tell that my body had been filled with salty, no good foods.

Today, I'm drinking my water, eating good, healthy foods.  I had the kids down for a nap and threw on Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  I bought this years ago and did do it a bit, but never for 30 days.  I put it on today just to "see".  Is this something I could do?

Well I will say, for the little amount of time it takes to do, it's perfect for my very full days.  Everyone stayed asleep for the time I needed to shred.  I did the level one workout and am a bit embarrassed to admit that I struggled through portions of it.  I did take breathers here and there when I should have kept pushing.  It reminded me that I need to work harder!

I plan to get out for a nice brisk walk tonight.  I find the evening walks are so good for me.  Not only for the exercise, but so good to relax my mind, focus my energy, and prepare for down time in the evening.  I'm continuing to push through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!