Friday, May 16, 2014

I'm on this time

There have been other times when I think to myself, "I'm ready to lose this weight.  I'm ready to get healthy."  But it tends to be a fleeting thought.  No sooner than I thought it, I'm reaching for chocolate, ordering a fatty meal out and enjoying late night snacks.

This time, I'm "on".  In the past week I've lost 6 lbs.  I have had good filling breakfasts that help take me to lunch.  My lunch and dinners have had lots of veggies.  I've found snacks that I enjoy that are more reasonable and good for me.  I have had some indulgences, but I have cut the portions back so they are okay to have here and there.

I feel better.  I want to eat the good stuff.  I want to keep doing this.  I sure wish the pounds would just fall off, but that's not realistic of course. I know it's going to take a lot of work and a lot of time.

I'm still working on finding my groove with exercise.  I have been getting out for brisk walks with intervals of running.  I have a workout video that I have done in the past, so will pull that out soon too.  I need to find what I enjoy.  So far I am enjoying getting outside and walking/jogging.  I have learned that listening to music while I'm out there really keeps me pushing and focused.

I'm excited about this, and so glad I'm ready this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!