Sunday, April 17, 2011

Family Time and a New Discovery

Today we had a really nice dinner at my mother in law's house for her birthday.  It's so nice to spend time with family, and to see my children being loved.  Cayden had a lot of fun amusing all of us and getting everyone to play with him.  He had the Lego out and was very focused on building a plane, a spaceship and a base for the spaceship.  Cole was very smiley and vocal.  He loved looking around and watching what was going on.  As a mom, I enjoyed sitting back and watching my boys spend quality time with their famliy. 

My mother in law got a Kobo as a gift and I had to check it out.  Of course I've heard of the E-reader's before, the Kindle, the Nook, but I've never actually paid much attention.  I was skeptical of getting the effect of reading a book on this little machine.  I love reading, but being accustomed to the feel of the paper in my hands, I just wasn't sure.  Well this Kobo seemed really neat.  The text looked nice to read, it felt comfy in my hands....I think I need to look into this a little more!  Does anyone have one?  If so, which one, and what do you think of it?

In addition to thinking about the e-reader, has anyone read any good books lately?  I plan to take the boys to the library this week and I need to pick up something new for myself.  Children's book recommendations are also welcome - lately we've been reading a lot of Little Critter books, Robert Munsch, and anything that talks about fire trucks.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun time! We love Little Critter books too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!