Thursday, April 28, 2011

Full Party Planning Mode

Well we're in full party planning mode for Cayden's 3rd birthday which is just over two weeks away.  It's amazing the difference in his excitement from last year to this year.  We were trying to think of the "theme" for his big day without a lot of luck.  I tend to like to stay away from the completely commercial themes, especially since Cayden isn't a child who is really "into" characters etc. at this point.  We asked him what he would like and received a simple answer: fire trucks.  Cayden is really interested in all things fire trucks and the like.  This was a perfect theme for his party. 

His party will start off with a tour of the local fire hall, checking out the trucks, talking to firefighters and hearing about what they do.  Then the troop will return to our house for the "fire alarm party" complete with fire hats for all of the children.  We'll have our tent play fire truck out and all the toy fire trucks we can find available.  I'm still working on favour ideas.  They will be getting the fire hats, but I need other ideas.  I had wanted to place an order online for some great related products, but the shipping cost was just too much to justify it.  So if you have any ideas, please let me know.

I will also be attempting to make a fire truck cake for my little man.  I'm excited to try it out and hoping that it will actually resemble a fire truck!  If it turns out okay, I will post pictures!

I have to say, I'm quite excited about this party and just can't wait to see Cayden enjoying his special day!  All this hard work will pay off to see the smile on his face and him having fun with his family and friends.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of fun planning parties! As you know we are in the same mode with H's party! Can you believe our babies are 3 years old!! I think the firetruck theme is a great though, how cool is it to be taking a tour of the firehouse! I bet they will LOVE that! I didn't even ask H this year what she wanted as her theme, I just decided myself!

    As for favours what about just making some firetruck cookies to go with the fire hat? Put them in little cellophane bags with ribbon and call it a party! :)

    BTW - We NEED to have a play date soon! oh yeah, and I'm almost done your pictures, sorry they've taken so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go to the fire truck party. I'm sure they will all have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great party idea! We are havong a mickey/minnie party for our little one's 3rd bday Saturday! I like the fire truck cookie idea. Maybe something with dalmations?

    Thanks for entering my giveaway for the glee gum but I forgot to mention it is only open to US readers:( sorry! I do have some other great giveaways that us CDNs can win;) I hope you check them out:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so much fun :) I LOVE planning parties!! Cant wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you may get a mother of the year award. I'm so not good at party planning.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!