Friday, April 15, 2011

What I do in My "Down Time"

Sometimes I feel like I spend way too much time on the computer.  The thing is, it's my escape time, my way of interacting with others beyond the walls of my house without actually leaving it.  There's just so much to explore in this virtual world: online friends to catch up with, daily deal sites to check out, other blogs to read, recipes to search for, lists of local events and things to do....  I really could spend far more time than I really do on this fancy little machine!

Today I paid attention to my time on the computer and realized it's not that much afterall.  I go on check my email, then hear "Mom, can you get my crayons down?".  I go get my almost 3 year old son set up to do some colouring: get the crayons, paper, stickers, colour with him for a little bit and then I hear the fussing - 10 week old Cole has woken from his comfy slumber and would like to eat - NOW!  So I tend to the baby, nurse him, change him, chat with him, then settle him back down for his next round of sleep.  I then realize that I never did finish sending that email I started.  I sit back down in front of the screen, check in on Facebook to see what's new, who has added pictures, what the daily deals are....and it isn't long before I hear, "Mom, can I have a snack?"  I look at the clock - what?  How did that happen?  It's lunch time already! 

So as the day goes on and I go between my two wonderful boys, the household duties and my online world, it's clear that I'm not wasting away as much time as I had originally thought on the computer - but I do like to take my "down time" and catch up in my online world.

2 comments:

  1. I find myself doing the same thing. I also sneak in some nap time for mommy. It's nice to feel connected to the outside world via fb or email! You have a great blog, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula! It is nice to feel connected! Nap time is also important...I try to sneak that in now and then too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!