Monday, April 18, 2011

Laundry Duties

This weekend I had a challenge to face....

Now of course I always have laundry to do on the weekend, but nothing like this.  Cayden had been sick since last weekend and for most of the week, so my focus was on taking care of him, doing the sheets and clothes that he got sick on....all the rest waited for me. 

I did manage to get it all done (just one basket left to fold).  I find laundry to be one of those frustrating tasks that are never really "complete".  As I was doing the piles of laundry this weekend I thought about other options for washing and drying.  I've heard a lot of talk lately about The Laundry Tarts and Nellie's Laundry Nuggets - both natural detergents.  Have you tried them out?  Please tell me what you think of them.  I have a HE machine, so need to make sure I use something that will work in it.  I've also heard of Nellie's dryer balls and am curious as to how they work.

On another note, anyone else get carseat wounds?!  My arm is all blotchy from carrying the infant carseat on my forearm while managing my toddler, the grocery bags, the car door....  It hurts!

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I have used Nellies laundry nuggets and dryer balls and I like them both. I found with the dryer balls that the static is crazy but the trick is not to overdry your clothes. Since I have used that advice there has been no static...As for the car seat wounds I feel that pain! Portland being born at almost 10 pounds his weight plus the weight of the car seat was always a problem for me..In comes the Padalily! A life saver for my arms! check them out here : http://www.padalily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like my laundry room lol Dont sweat it. Its always there when you get around to it ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!